Introduction to a Modern Laboratory Course
This exciting new 2-hour course shows dentists exactly what happens when they send work to a modern dental laboratory. How the very latest in cutting-edge technology combines with the artistic skills of our experienced technicians to produce the best possible restorations for their patients. And just how far the materials and techniques used by dental laboratories have evolved over the last few years.
Split into groups, course attendees will be able to observe different technicians at their workstations to get valuable, 15-20 minute insights into what they do. In particular, you will see:
- Impressions and models – the key first step, but there’s so much more to it than most dentists realise
- How gold crowns and PFMs have been brought into the digital age
- Veneering of porcelain onto the zirconia and metal – where digital precision meets human artistry
- How we embed colour into zirconia crowns prior to sintering, to ensure true depth of hue
- A simple denture repair – or is it? What really goes on when making a proper repair in acrylic or composite
- Full-arch immediate loading – the perfect fusion of the skills of the surgeon, restorative clinician and laboratory technician
- Stunning plastics wizardry – how the CDL team bring acrylic and composite bridges to life
- Analogue meets digital – how your plaster models are scanned to bring them into the virtual world
- The ultimate in customisation for your implant restorations with biomimetic abutments
- The future of dental impressions with intra-oral scanning.Refreshments will be served during the course of the evening, and questions are welcome at any time.
Unless otherwise specified, our training courses are for local (i.e. Kent, Sussex, Surrey) and referring dentists. We reserve the right to decline attendance requests that fall outside these criteria. If in doubt, please ask!
Upcoming Events › Introduction to a Modern Laboratory Course
Events List Navigation
This exciting new 2-hour course shows dentists exactly what happens when they send work to a modern dental laboratory. How the very latest in cutting-edge technology combines with the artistic skills of our experienced technicians to produce the best possible restorations for…Find out more »