Past Events › Peri-implantitis course
Events Search and Views Navigation
Dentists and hygienists will encounter more and more dental implants as the number being placed continues to grow. Many clinicians are unsure about how to look after implants placed elsewhere, and are understandably reluctant to do anything that may cause harm. As our patients and their implants age, peri-implantitis is also a growing problem.
This excellent 2-hour course shows both dentists and hygienists how to monitor and maintain the dental implants of their patients.
- The different types of implants and restorations that may be encountered
- Monitoring the health of a dental implant
- When to take x-rays
- How to spot if there is a problem
- What causes peri-implantitis
- When to probe around dental implants, and with what
- Teaching patients how to clean around their implants
- How to clean around an implant and any dangers involved
- Is specialist implant cleaning equipment really needed?
- How to deal with a problem – when to refer
- Can ailing implants be treated without surgery?
- How can we treat these implants surgically
- What actually happens when an implant fails.
Unless otherwise specified, our training courses are for local (i.e. Kent, Sussex, Surrey) and referring dentists. We reserve the right to decline attendance requests that fall outside these criteria. If in doubt, please ask!